The Childhood Ends

How do people work without vacations (I mean long ones)? That I've always wondered since I was a small child. During school days we are always waiting for the holidays to come, so no matter how hard the work became we always managed to draw some comfort by reminding ourselves that the holidays are coming nearer. And when they came it was 2months of playing, going on trips and just pure idling. But I've never seen an employed person enjoy such freedom (unless they get fired, in which case they become unemployed). So how do employed people manage to go on and on everyday from 9am – 6pm without feeling miserable?


What might be my last long holiday (2 ½ months) ends on the 14th of September as uni starts on that day. And I find myself dreading the end of the vacation, wondering whether it's the last, and asking myself whether I managed to enjoy every moment of it. How will I survive once I'm employed?

1 comments:

  • Well...
    It's something like this.
    When studying, we have exams to cope up with, therefore we are always under the pressure of learning everything and remembering those till the exams come. When working, it's more or less consistent in what you do (depends on the job). You feel relatively more relaxed. Yet you do get the allocation of leaves which you can use as u wish.

    I also think that we are being prepared for this situation. School had 8 periods of 40 mins each + a month vacation every term of 4 months. Uni has 8 slots of 1 hour each + an hour for lunch and inconsistent vacation.
    Work wud be 8 hrs wrk + lunch but no lunch..
    so if u see it gets tougher gradually so v dont really notice and complaint.

    with regard to our vac... yea, even I was thinking 'lets plan later' and did nothin in the end :(
    now to see only ferw hours left :'(
    next year we don't get a single vacation!
    good luck us!

Post a Comment